DXR 310 is our most powerful...
10 other products:
A geology-specific baseplate compass for students and field geologists who prefer a lightweight option or need an effective backup compass for field work. The Geo Lite Transit offers all the precision of a Brunton Transit, in a smaller and...
If you're looking to save weight in the field, the ultralight ComPro Transit is your mapping solution. Made with all the same internal components, the ComPro is between one ounce and 6 ounces lighter than any other Brunton Transit.
Explorers can rely on this highly accurate mirrorless compass. A full suite of navigation functions and romer scales offer seamless GPS integration.
The 70 m compass is the re-evolution of the award-winning Eclipse 8099, with the same 3 clinometer system, combined with its transparent base for working on maps and mirror for observations. With a spirit level for more precise measurements and...
Built with all the functions and features of Brunton , the Standard takes traditional hit and dip measurements and excels at low angle readings with its flat bottom and non-slip silicon foot.
Analog navigation devices specially designed to provide accurate readings in any hemisphere. This Transit series configuration uses long bar Alnico V magnets to resist demagnetization and quickly align with magnetic north.
Designed by geologists for geologists, this unique instrument allows you to collect measurements and data much more efficiently than with traditional transits. The patented design of this transit makes difficult field measurements extremely easy and allows multiple measurements to be collected at once. The needle can be set to lock automatically, ensuring accurate readings when the face of the instrument is not visible.
The shaft was invented by geologists for geologists and features a significant new twist on pocket transit that is specially designed to facilitate geological measurements. Product details The innovative dual axis hollow hinge allows intuitive, efficient and accurate measurements of planes, lines, bearings and vertical angles. Only one measurement setting is needed for strike and dip, trend and dip, orientation and vertical angle, increasing the efficiency and accuracy of measurements. Compass North is parallel to the main axis of the hinge, making the axis the only transit capable of measuring heading and dip at the same time, through contact or observation methods. The innovative cap conveyor and rotation around the minor axis allow accurate and simultaneous measurement of trend and sag on any surface, including overhangs. Dimensions (closed): 3.
• Unique NdFeB (Neodymium-Iron-Boron) magnet more resistant to demagnetization than other conventional magnets
• Adjustable needle lock mechanism
• Azimuth accuracy of ± 1/2 ° in 1 ° increments
• Vertical angle accuracy of ± 1/2 ° in 1 ° increments and 10 minutes vernier
• Vertical angle of +/- 90º or graduation of 100%.
• Inclinometer with 1º increments and ½º readings
• Two bubble levels for leveling
• Percentage scale of graduation with increments of 5%
• Sapphire tip for smooth needle movement
• Magnetic declination calibration allows east and west adjustments of +/- 180º
• Precise alignment mirror with sight glass for observations
• Anodized aluminum body for permanent color and scratch resistant
• Fully aluminum housing and assembly makes it virtually indestructible
• Centered tripod mount for precision rotation
• Measurement style: single and simultaneous methods
• Dimensions: 3.9 x 2.8 x 1.2 "| 10 x 7 x 3cm
• Weight: 12.1 oz | 341.6 g
• Azimuth: +/- 1 / 2˚ with graduations of 1
• Hinge dial: +/- 1˚ with 2˚ graduations
• Plumb Clinometer: +/- 1 / 2˚ with 1˚ graduations
• Cap protractor: +/- 1/2 ˚ with 1˚ graduations
• Declination adjustment: +/- 180˚
• Unique dual axis hollow hinge allows easy and intuitive measurements of any line or plane.
• The cap rotates 360˚ around both axes, allowing measurements to be taken on any surface, including overhangs. The cap can extend or create the measurement surface itself.
• The default compass orientation North makes this the only transit in the world that can measure strike and dip simultaneously. A simple rotation of the azimuth ring also allows simultaneous measurement of dive angle and dive direction, if preferred.
• A secondary axis of rotation and a cap conveyor allow simultaneous measurement of trend and dip.
• Hollow hinge / sight tube allows direct horizontal and vertical sight measurements.
• The hinge dial allows for tilt angle measurements and also serves as a versatile protractor.
• Excellent sighting and contact measurement capabilities.
• Long level double bubbles allow the user to level the compass from the sides and bottom.
• Flat bottom allows easier dive angle and dive azimuth measurements at low angles.
• The needle can be set to lock automatically, allowing accurate readings.
• Precision NdFeB disc magnet provides highly accurate readings and resists demagnetization.
• Our magnetic needle can be balanced for use almost anywhere in the world.
• Induction wetting makes for a fast-seating needle.
• A sapphire jewel bearing allows smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
• The needle lock button can lock or release the needle, depending on the model.
• Internal components are sealed with an O-ring to improve water and dust resistance.
• All transits are compatible with our Jacob's Staff / Tripod ball and socket adapter.
• Each model is available in Azimuth (0-360) or Quadrant (0-90) formats.
• Each comes with a protective leather case, perfect for taking your Brunton into the field.